I fell in love with this pattern (Vintage Pattern Lending Library T1889) the first time I laid eyes on it. It looked easy to make and I liked that there were both ultra feminine and businesslike versions. It looked easy to make and I liked that there were both ultra feminine and businesslike versions. I tried really hard to find a cotton print that felt 1930s for it.
I got delayed on actually sewing it up until several months after I had bought the fabric. Big mistake. It turned out that the yardage listed on the pattern back for view 2 was way short of what was actually needed. I could easily have used another 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 yards (4 to 4 1/2 yards total). Of course by then, the fabric I was using was no longer available, so I couldn't buy more. I was able to work around that by leaving off the bottom ruffle and making the ties narrower and a little shorter. The end result turned out cute, but what a waste to have spent so much time looking for a period print when the end result wasn't the period length.
It worked up quickly and the rest of the directions were correct. Please note that you will need bias tape for it. I like that most of the seams are French seams.
I will probably make this again, hopefully in the proper length.